Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Three days of mom and dad just won't do


Started to chennai amidst of sizeable mental pressure due my obsessive compulsive disorder or phobia to travel on Indian roads due to the uncourteous driving nature of the drivers. Anyway came home the next day to a cuppa from my momy's kitchen, I could just smell the aroma of love tightly packed in the cup.


The house was inundated with water slash slush in all directions thanks to the monsoon that battered the city raining not just cats and dogs but some more. Everytime my dad went out to get something so my mom could prepare the best delicacy all I could see was love not just 'regular' but 'extra large' twice.

Mom stayed home on sat but dad went to office. I certainly feel he must take it easy and start relaxing with lots and lots of books, he reads a lot and is capable of conversing for long hours on any topic. Just things dint work out for him on his writing endeavour. He has this project too close to his heart which he has been writing from god knows when, whenever he sees some scene in some movie he feels that all of his story is getting in to some movie in bits and pieces. He wants me to complete the book in English. I am sure I have it right on top of my to-do list, it surely doesn't deserve to be locked down in some termite feasting wardrobe.

He is really happy to have his ebook reader that is touch responsive, have loaded lots of classics for him to cherish. He was genuinely ecstatic when I told him it was capable of connecting to Internet over wifi and wanted me to have the wifi access enabled on the device which he then took and checked out a google page, hope he enjoys his reading life.

Not long after the coffee some 'steaming idlis' made their way to the dining room, before I write about the idlis, my dad introduced me to the expression 'steaming idli' :) now about the idlis, was there more? Oh yeah there were some freshly made murukku, my fav mango pickle, tamerind rice, appalam, podi, spl curd. My mom had unleashed her culinary prowess yet again.

I am really angry with her, I don't want her to retire but I need her to retire and give importance to her health, a diabetic also topped with some free flowing LDL doesn't really make me feel any better. Everytime I go away leaving her behind, my eyes forget how to stop tearing. I don't want to go away I want to be around her or I want her to be around me. She has protected me in her and only she can.

Felt like it was less than a minute and Saturday was making way to Sunday. I am expected to travel long in a weeks time and had to go shopping, was planning to go alone but my mom insisted that she come along and my dad wanted to join as well.

Sunday morning had this appointment with my doc to get an opinion on this palpitation and numbness that I developed while in England. Doc couldn't give his advice as he could not run any test given that I was traveling immediate. They both were so apologetic that I had developed this, but I am sure there is nothing to worry.

Next stop, palm grove, menaka restaurant has been one of our favourite family fine dining place. Had a negligible quantity of food for the price with which an elephant could have been fed. Had a good laugh on how no one could eat properly and the waiter had to tip us so we didn't waste food. A hearty walk to city centre really built the expectation in my mom and dad and when they stepped in they were not at all happy as the mall was nothing close to EA or Sky walk.Anyway my mom chose my first ever blazer no matter how fat and overflowing I was in the blazer my gazillion dollar babies couldn't stop adoring me.

After some more shopping it was time to leave to blr but packing has never been easy emotionally it just meant I won't be around my sweet hearts and I hate that moment.Took it easy and stayed back but couldn't get enuf of it my mom was busy again in the kitchen to ensure my stomach was full and my dad was busy getting things ready for my departure.

0040 hours Tuesday on my way back to blr sitting in an anonymous seat with some random fellow travellers , speaking to my iPod touching some random alphabets orchestrated by the tears rolling down my chubby cheeks.

Have lots to do, lots to say, lots to listen. Three days of mom and dad just won't do.

Sent from my iPod


No comments:

Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Detection